Class 9 First Aid Training
Class 9 First Aid Training by Faye Moran
Year 6 had a visit from St Johns Ambulance (Eric) to teach us how to potentially save someone’s life.
The first life skill that Eric taught us was DRSABC meaning:
S= shout for help
He also taught us how to put someone in the recovery position.
How to put a person in a recovery position
1. Kneel by the casualty’s waist.
2. Place the hand nearest you at a right angle.
3. Grasp the hand furthest you, place the back of their hand against their cheek closest to you.
4. Lift the leg furthest away from you at the knee and place their foot on the floor.
5. using their knee as a lever pull the person onto their side.
6. Ensure their head is still tilted back and they are on their side.
Make sure the patient is lied on their back
Cushion their head
Lift their legs up so the blood from the head can rush to the brain
Put any coats or blankets over them to keep them warm
Ask them if they are choking
Call 999 or 112
Take the heel of your hand and between their shoulder blades hit them up to 5 times
If it has not came out yet make a fist with one hand and cover it with the other hand start to hit them ( in-between the ribs ) up to 5 times
Repeat these steps until the ambulance is ready to take over
If you follow this information, you could save lives.